Monday, May 25, 2015

A quiet day of rest

Today was wonderful! Two of my friends, Kim Smith and Michelle Kiefer, went to church with me this morning and then Kim and I spent a couple of hours of talking afterward. We had some good laughs on the way to church, which I won't mention, I would hate to embarrass them especially when pay backs can be really ugly  I love my girlfriends!!

Kim and I sat by the river (in her back yard) and enjoyed a few quiet moments. I told her that if she comes home some day and sees my truck in the drive she knows where to find me, sitting in her swing by the river. Funny girl, she told me I can come over any time...she may rethink that offer when I am there every other day! But then again she may start charging rent for the use of her swing. And oh how I love to swing. It is incredibly relaxing, which is something that is so wonderful especially lately.

A very friend from work, Anita Hamm, ordered pink bracelets. She was able to put 'Ship Happens' on them!! How awesome is that! What a precious gift for me. That spoke volumes to my heart!

Tomorrow is the appointment with Dr. Hendrick, the reconstruction surgeon, and then just 3 days to go to the big day! It is all happening so quickly but I know that God is giving me peace and comfort that I need daily.

I found out the other day that since Kim works in surgery department she will be there with me. What a awesome way to wake up from surgery and see a beautiful friend beside you. God has brought so many wonderful people into my life since moving here and I am so thankful for each and every one of them.

Please pray for the doctors, nurses and all of the other staff that will be with me that day. Pray that when Dr. Rupe does his part of the surgery he will be able to remove enough tissue and lymph nodes to be able to stage me and know the next steps to take. From what he told me, before he removes the tumor he will take samples to send to the lab. I am guessing that is how they stage cancer.

Please pray for my sweet John, I know that this has to be tough on him. Pray for the strength and peace that he can only get from the Lord. And for my babies, the peace that the Lord will put into their hearts and the comfort they will get from their daddy. The unknown is the toughest part for all of us right now.

And then of course, pray for me. What I ask for specifically is that God will use me during my time in the 'boat'. I want Him to use my hands to comfort, my feet to go where He leads and my mouth to tell others about Him. Pray that His will be done, and earnestly pray for this. I want what is best for me and that is God's will, no matter the outcome. Yes, it is easy to say right now while I have no idea what lies ahead but even when I do, I only want His will for me. I know that there will be some that don't understand about God's will and that is okay, but trust me when I say that it is the safest place for me to be!

While John was in Iraq the second time I had no doubt it was God's will that he was there. So many people said "You're taking it so good." Yes, for the most part I was. I had the same peace and comfort that I have now and I knew that it was better for John to be in Iraq in the middle of the war - in God's will, that at home with the children and I - in mine. The worst place to ever be is outside of the will of God.

Be blessed my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment